The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right. Article 8(1) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union and Article 16(1) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) provide that everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her. This statement has been prepared by O’Donovan Company Solicitors in line with regulations set under the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). O’Donovan Company Solicitors are devoted to safeguarding your information and to ensure that your privacy is protected. Clients are recommended to read the following in order to understand our policy and practices relating to your personal data and how we use it.
Contact O’Donovan Company Solicitors
- The Old Brewery, The Glen, Kinsale, Co. Cork
- Telephone: +353 (0)21 4777031
- Fax: +353 (0)21 4777032
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.odonovanandco.ie
How we obtain your information
We attain information from you by communicating with our office by means of phone, e-mail or otherwise. You are not obligated to supply us with your personal data. Nonetheless we may not be able to carry out legal services without certain information supplied to us. The information you supply may include your name, phone number, e-mail address, financial information, identification documents and others. These details are used solely for the purpose of providing legal services to you.
How your data is used
- We process your personal data where it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- We use your information in order to:
- Allow us to provide you with the legal service for which you request from us;
- Provide the legal service or other services or matters requested by our client;
- Adhere to legal obligations we might be subject to such as AML;
- Manage and administer the organisation's business relationship, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and support services;
- For purposes related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your Personal Data was provided to us.
O’Donovan Company Solicitors are committed to ensuring that any information gathered is used appropriately and solely for the purposes established above and does not constitute an infringement of your privacy.
When we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your corresponding data protection rights. We will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law).
We take great measures to protect both physical and electronic information about our clients. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, unfortunately transmission of information by a medium such as the internet (using e-mail) is not completely secure and is done so at your own peril. We will maintain your information for the duration of our business relationship and personal data will not be held longer than what is necessary. We may retain data and personal information for period of six years.
Where we store your information
- Physical files are stored in our offices and archives.
- Files are also stored electronically within our application software.
- Via email transmission with our supplier Microsoft Exchange 365.
- We store and share personal data for the purpose of carrying out our legal obligations.
Sharing your information
With the consent of the client, we may share your personal information and data with agents, contractors or appropriate third parties in connection with services that these persons or entities preform for or with O’Donovan Company Solicitors.
Our agents, contractors or otherwise are restricted from using your data in any way other than to provide services for O’Donovan Company Solicitors. We require that all such agents, contractors or third party enter into contractual guarantees to adhere to safety and privacy obligations and concerns.
We may disclose or share your data for the purpose of complying with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our General Terms and Conditions.
- All natural persons have the right to request that O’Donovan Company Solicitors:
- Inform the data subject of the processing of personal data and provide the subject with details of such processing;
- Review, amend and keep up-to-date any data we may hold on behalf of the subject;
- Delete or allow access to the personal data without undue delay;
- Restrict the use of personal data;
- Furnish personal data in a manner requested such as a machine readable format or other method of access;
- Furnish a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner at any time.
O’Donovan Company Solicitors processes and retains personal data solely on the basis of your consent, where the data subject wishes to withdraw consent at any time, there is an obligation placed on the Company to comply with that request. This will however not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal. Requests may be subject to certain conditions prescribed by law and we may require further information in any event.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at the above address, through our office contact number or through the e-mail provided above.