Karen has a broad range of experience in the areas of Conveyancing and Family Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Civil Litigation at the District and Circuit Courts. Karen advises on all aspects of Family Law including District Court Maintenance and Access Applications, Guardianship, Separation, Divorce and Conveyancing Transactions following marital breakdown. As a member of the association of Collaborative Practitioners, and having trained in Mediation, Karen encourages amicable family arrangements where at all possible.
Karen has an interest in Licensing Law including applications for new Licenses for restaurants and off licenses, and attending the Annual Licensing Court for the renewal of applications.
Karen is interested in the area of Insolvency, assisting with negotiations with the Banking sector to find resolution for clients who are experiencing financial hardship, to include negotiation of split mortgages and advising on personal insolvency.
- BA, University College Cork.
- Diploma in Family Law, Law Society of Ireland.
- Diploma in Legal Studies, Wit.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Family Law Association
- Southern Law Association
- West Cork Bar Association
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (http://www.themii.ie/members/profile/2872)
Areas of Expertise
- Family Law
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Wills & Probate
- Collaborative Law
- Employment Law
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- A Guide To Building Regulations 2014
- Local Property Tax FAQ
- A guide to buying at an Allsops Auction
- Cohabiting Couples Ireland - Need for Reform?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution & The Irish Family